For the second year, we are hosting our Summer Night’s Walk. Setting off at 8pm, our new 10km route will take you around the town of Newmarket, bringing you past some historic landmarks and famous racing locations.
The Summer nights walk is a fundraising event. With generous supporters of the Summer Nights Walk, we are able to secure your entry fee to be used directly to help those in need, supporting our local community in and around the Newmarket area.
The Summer Nights Walk is open to all, take advantage of the free places and gather friends, colleagues, families to take part and make a difference.
Event site open from 6.30pm
Registration from 6.30pm
Warm up session: 7:45pm
Walk start time: 8pm
Preparing for your Walk
10km walk takes between 90mins to 2 hours
What to bring
- Wear supportive comfy walking shoes – appropriate for long distances, that you’ve already trained in.
- If you are of good health and fitness no training should be required to complete this walk. However please feel free to search online for a training programme depending on your level of fitness;
- Get friends and family involved download our poster here to place in your workplace, you might even get your company to sponsor your team;
- Accessories – feel free to be daring, you and your friends can dress up getting into the spirit of the event, face painting and anything glow in the dark will be encouraged;
- Keep Hydrated – Although there will be water stations along route, please bring water bottles.
- Money – To keep energy levels high, there will be opportunities to buy refreshments on the night and on route.
- Please be aware that there are no on-site storage facilities.
- Dogs are welcome, however they must be under control and kept on their lead at all times. Please clean up after your dog. The majority of the course is on pavements and hard ground with a small section taking you onto a grass pathway.
On the Night
- There are no car parking facilities at The Severals, however there are public car parks close to the Severals that you will be able to use during the evening. The Guineas Car Park is remaining open for the event which is the closest car park.
What to wear
- We would advise that all participants should wear breathable/waterproof clothing – layers are best as it can get chilly overnight. Please note that there no changing rooms or storage facilities on site. Make sure you wear comfortable footwear. Whilst some colourful merchandise will be available to purchase on the evening, please feel free to dress up in bright colours/ neon face paint to be noticed in the crowds.
What about my personal belongings?
- There are no storage facilities on site, so please only bring essential items that you can carry with you. The organisers can not be held responsible for any loss or damage to personal belongings.
- Registration opens from 6.30pm, please go straight to registration before the warm up session kindly supported by Jazzercise.
- We welcome friends and family to come along and encourage you along route, to watch and take photos or videos. Please share all social media using the hashtag #SummerNights
- There will be refreshments available on the Severals field at the start of the evening.
- We will also have feed stations along route, a map will be available on the night which will be accessed by a QR code for your phone
Health and Safety
There will be first aiders on site. The course is fully signposted please familiarise yourself with the signs you should be following before the start of your walk. There will also be marshalls along the route and at the road crossings to assist you along the way. There will be a map that can be downloaded onto your phone on the night via a QR code.
We are closely monitoring official guidance regarding Covid-19 from health authorities and the UK government, working closely with local authorities. We will make necessary changes to ensure the festival complies with guidelines so that our participants can enjoy a safe Summer Nights Walk this year.